This version update is mandatory for everyone including 3rd party service providers. We will not offer support for V1.0.0 after the 15th of October 2019.
If you already have a DAPS wallet – Do not reinstall your wallet!
Doing this could completely overwrite your wallet.dat file and if that happens (even if you use the same password) your wallet will be gone!
Also, ensure you regularly backup your wallet and have your recovery phrase written down and safely stored.
Upgrade Process << READ THIS CAREFULLY
The upgrade process should be done as follows if your wallet is running:
- Go to the settings screen.
- Backup your wallet.
- Close your wallet.
If your wallet is closed (not running) do the following:
Steps to Upgrade DAPS QT Wallet
Replace the dapscoin-qt application with the new one that you have downloaded (copy and paste)
Start the dapscoin-qt wallet.
Once the wallet is fully synchronised, backup your wallet immediately.
At this point you may see one 1 of several scenarios:
- Wallet may begin resyncing with the chain.
- Wallet may require a rescan of the transactions.
- Wallet may detect a corrupt block database and require and a resync.
- Wallet may start up normally.
- If you had staking enabled and didn’t turn it off, staking may re-enable automatically. This may cause an auto-recombine. Please be patient and let the wallet do its work. Please remember that a transaction has to be 1 hour old in order for it to mature for staking. If your wallet says “Enabling Staking…” then that is what it is doing.
In all of these circumstances including a normal startup, give the wallet time to do what it needs to.
Under NO circumstances should you force stop the wallet AT ALL. Doing this could cause more issues.
It may seem like it is not responding, but the wallet has to go through every transaction in every block including the decoys in order to determine if a transaction was indeed for you.
If you are getting 0 connections, then please follow these steps and allow for some time between steps:
- Press F1 and go to the console. Type clearbanned and press enter. – this clears your banned and allows you to connect to peers again.
- Ask one of the admins for the dapscoin.conf edits for the connections.
Please remember that if a rescan or resync takes place, your masternodes will seem like they have disappeared. They have not gone anywhere!
What has happened is that your wallet is not yet sync’d up to the block where they were created. Please give it some time.
There are also going to be some changes to the support process.
The current supported operating systems are the following:
- Windows 10 64bit
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Mac OS Mojave
We released these versions due to community demand, but these versions are not fully tested and you use them at your own risk. Limited support will be offered for these:
1. Windows 10 32bit
2. Linux Arm64
When requesting support, admins will first require your wallet version and OS version. If the OS version is not listed above and / or your wallet is not V1.0.1. then we cannot offer you support.
The admins may try to help (because they are nice people), but we cannot guarantee any success especially if your specifications are outside our supported versions.
We only support 64bit at this stage.
We support Ubuntu 18.04 for Linux.
We currently support OS Mojave for Mac.