This version update is NOT mandatory but highly recommended.
If you already have a DAPS wallet – Do not reinstall your wallet!
Doing this could completely overwrite your wallet.dat file and if that happens (even if you use the same password) your wallet will be gone!
Also, ensure you regularly backup your wallet and have your recovery phrase written down and safely stored.
Upgrade Process << READ THIS CAREFULLY
The upgrade process should be done as follows if your wallet is running:
- Go to the settings screen.
- Backup your wallet.
- Close your wallet.
If your wallet is closed (not running) do the following:
Search for your wallet.dat file. Copy your wallet.dat file and paste it somewhere very safe. This step is very important!!
Steps to Upgrade DAPS QT Wallet
DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR WALLET AT ALL!!! DOING THIS COULD LOSE YOU ALL YOUR COINS
- Replace the dapscoin-qt application with the new one that you have downloaded (copy and paste)
- Start the dapscoin-qt wallet.
- Once the wallet is fully synchronised, backup your wallet immediately.
At this point you may see one 1 of several scenarios:
- Wallet may begin resyncing with the chain.
- Wallet may require a rescan of the transactions.
- Wallet may detect a corrupt block database and require and a resync.
- Wallet may start up normally.
- If you had staking enabled and didn’t turn it off, staking may re-enable automatically. This may cause an auto-recombine. Please be patient and let the wallet do its work. Please remember that a transaction has to be 1 hour old in order for it to mature for staking. If your wallet says “Enabling Staking…” then that is what it is doing.
In all of these circumstances including a normal startup, give the wallet time to do what it needs to.
Under NO circumstances should you force stop the wallet AT ALL. Doing this could cause more issues.
It may seem like it is not responding, but the wallet has to go through every transaction in every block including the decoys in order to determine if a transaction was indeed for you.
Please remember that if a rescan or resync takes place, your masternodes will seem like they have disappeared. They have not gone anywhere!
What has happened is that your wallet is not yet sync’d up to the block where they were created. Please give it some time.
There are also going to be some changes to the support process.
The current supported operating systems are the following:
- Windows 10 64bit
- Windows 10 32bit
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Mac OS Mojave
- Raspberry Pi
What Does V126.96.36.199 Entail?
DAPS Coin Version v1.0.6 (incl. v188.8.131.52)
- Qt: Add “Check For Updates” function under Help menu
- Qt: Add Block Count under Network Status
- Qt: Add shortcut to open .conf files (CTRL + D dapscoin.conf / CTRL + M masternode.conf)
- Qt: Add OK Button to Send TX Dialog
- Qt: Make “Data Directory” and “Last block hash” details selectable
- LOTS of under the hood changes to align with BTC/PIVX code where applicable (more to come)
- Lots of code cleanup, removing unnecessary code/UI
- Updated checkpoints to 300k
- Updated logging
- Syncing updates from Upstream
- Decoded decoys now only show the decoy (utxo) that was relevant to the transaction and does not decode other readable decoys.
- Updated Translations
- Fix size with low resolution
- Less freezing (Part 1)
- [GUI][Model] Save cache BlockIndex tip in the model
- [Init] Combine common error strings so translations can be shared
- [Init] Do parameter interaction before creating the UI model
- [Net] Split DNS resolving functionality out of net structures
- [Net] Fix de-serialization bug where AddrMan is corrupted after exception (peers.dat fix)
- [P2P] Remove p2p alert system
- [Qt] Replace deprecated Qt methods
- [Refactor] move nReserveBalance from main to wallet
- [RPC][Daemon] Fix Passphrase issue
- Bugs Fixed
- Qt: Fix UI issues on History tab
- Fix for empty Transaction Creation Error msgbox (Temporary generic solution)
- Fix masternodecurrent: return next winner, not rank-1 mn
We support 64bit.
We support Ubuntu 18.04 for Linux.
We support OS Mojave for Mac.
We support 32-bit.
We have more versions available but they’re unsupported.