PoA Miner Instructions
Please note: your wallet needs to be running and synced to mine.
- Download the wallet and PoA Miner for the operating system you need from here.
- Download the sample poa_miner_configuration.json file here. Place the file in the same folder as the PoA Miner executable.
- Extract and/or place the downloads into a single folder.
- Navigate to your DAPScoin folder. Folder is listed by Operating System below:
– Windows: %APPDATA/DAPScoin
– Linux: ~/.dapscoin
– Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DAPScoin
- Open dapscoin.conf (create it if it does not exist)
- Edit the dapscoin.conf to to have the following info:
- Save the dapscoin.conf.
- Launch the wallet and let it sync. Use the bootstrap if having trouble.
- Next, navigate to where poa_miner_configuration.json is and open it in a text editor:
– Change the username:password to match your rpcuser= and rpcpassword= from dapscoin.conf above (note the : separating the username and password)
– Change the # of threads to the amount of threads you would like to use (number of CPU-cores can be used as a reference)
- Save the poa_miner_configuration.json file.
- Run the command below in Command Prompt or Terminal.
Windows dapscoin-poa-minerd.exe --config=poa_miner_configuration.json Linux/Mac ./dapscoin-poa-minerd --config=poa_miner_configuration.json